Thursday, June 19, 2008

Junior Reid Rocks Toronto Festival

Junior Reid returned to the island earlier this week after a highly successful showing at the weekend-long Luminat’eau: Carnival H20.

“The fans dem come out, at least 10,000 by my estimation, and the show was well received. I worked my regular set but I added Don’t Play Me Dirty, my new single, and promoted my upcoming album, The Living Legend. I also gave away several copies of my promotional CD through a street team that was aggressively giving it out to the public,” he told one876entertainment this week.

“I closed the show that night which also had other Canadian acts and artistes from the small islands.”

The festival was a sequel to last year’s Carnivalissima in Toronto. Besides Junior Reid, there were several musical acts such as water instrument inventor Steve Mann, the Water Ball (“an underwater fantasy world”), a Boat Lighting Competition, food, films and kids’ activities. It was held at the Harbourfront Centre at Queens Quay W in downtown Toronto.

Junior Reid will be appearing on an episode fo TVJ’s entertainment magazine, Intense, this weekend.

Source: One 876 Ent

No comments: