Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Carlene says Marc Johnson was robbed, murdered

Police are theorizing that the motive for the murder of publicist Marc Johnson on Sunday morning was robbery. However, it was not immediately clear if the publicist knew his attackers as the investigations are ongoing.

Johnson was a well-known figure in local entertainment circles because of his offbeat sense of humour, witty ripostes and sunny, engaging personality. Marc, his friends say, had the singular ability to light up a room with his bombastic presence.

He has worked with leading entertainment figures such as former dancehall queen Carlene Smith, the British Link Up crew, Stone Love Movements, Shocking Vibes Productions, and most recently, as a publicist for deejay Michelle ‘D'Angel’ Downer.

Former dancehall queen Carlene Smith has known for Marc for 23 years, ever since she was 14 years old.

“Marc was a memorable person, you could never forget him. He was going to come and tease you, trouble you, tell you some ridiculous thing. He had the presence of a star, when he walked into a room he made his presence felt,” she said.

Marc’s zany quirks included a habit of getting up in the middle of a conversation and just ‘dancing ballet’.

“I told him to make his mom sign him up earlier in the next life. He was always trying to do that,” she joked.

“He had a passion for life and living and he was so much a part of my life," she said, her voice breaking a little. "He would call me at any time in the early morning. He is really a part of my world, I know a lot of people, and not many people are a part of my world but Marc was my closest, dearest friend.”

She was quick to dismiss rumours that Marc had died in a sexually compromising position at the hands of a gay lover. She said he was beaten, robbed and finally strangled with an electrical cord. The incident happened at about 10:00 on Sunday morning. A caretaker found his body later that afternoon.

“I haven’t slept since yesterday, I will miss him...there were times when I didn’t see him for two weeks, then I would see him 24-7, but those days will never come again, but I have many cherished memories,” Carlene said.

Two years ago Marc Johnson survived an attack where he was stabbed 14 times and his throat slashed by unknown attackers.

Source: One 876 Ent

No comments: