Friday, August 8, 2008

Beenie, Spice call a truce


Yes, it's true. We wouldn't believe it either if we didn't have it on 'tape'. Beenie Man and Spice reconciled at her birthday party, held at 3B Port Royal Street and aboard the Caribbean Queen. - Nathaniel Stewart
Dancehall deejay Spice is ready to 'bury the hatchet' on the feud with the self-proclaimed King of the Dancehall, Moses 'Beenie Man' Davis.
This is following Beenie's surprise appearance at Spice's birthday party, held last Monday night at Port Royal Street, Kingston.
It came as a surprise to the public, and to Spice herself, when 'The Doctor' showed up, decked out in matching red and white, at her birthday party, held aboard the Caribbean Queen.
Spice told The STAR yesterday, "To be honest, it was a surprise for me, I knew nothing about it, I had no idea he would come."
According to Spice, the two haven't been exactly on speaking terms, but they 'bucked up' at dances while she was promoting her birthday party. "I guess he decided to come and show some love. The music needs this right now, to bury the hatchet and move on. I'm happy to see him come out and support me. It was my party and it felt great," she said.
The two deejays have been at odds since the GT Taylor 'Extravaganza' show in St Elizabeth in December of 2006, when Beenie Man reportedly boxed Spice backstage. According to a report in the STAR titled, 'Spice boxed at GT Taylor show', Spice was approached backstage by Beenie Man's entourage, who told her to accompany them to see Beenie Man.
Spice had just come o ff stage after singing about the Beenie, Bounty and D'Angel situation. Beenie Man, apparently was not pleased with the song in which Spice denigrated his relationship with D'Angel. At that time the couple had not yet separated.
Spice said, "'Bout 20 man come fi me, say dem a carry me to Beenie Man and me ongle hear when him say 'Yuh fi go syuh modda. Yuh fi get a box inna yuh face.' Same time one of the youth dem wha a par wid him, box me, me nuh know a who, me only know when me get box."
She further explained that the confrontation stemmed from Beenie man's failed attempt at seducing her. According to Spice during a business trip to The Bahamas, Beenie Man had made sexual advances to her, which she rejected.
Following the incident, in February of 2007, Spice was reportedly removed from the line up of 'Strip Tease' because Beenie Man was unwilling to work on the show while she was billed.
However, Spice is now willing to put the past behind her for the betterment of the music business. While the artiste was not billed to perform at Beenie's Sizzle held on Wednesday night at the Jamalco Sports Club, she had every intention of attending as a patron.
"I didn't get any passes and I didn't want to just turn up, that's the only reason I didn't go, but I wanted to go ... my friends kept calling me and telling me you had to have passes to go in, so I didn't want to just show up like that with my crew," she said.
Beenie Man, who had just come off the impressive 'Beenie Sizzle' stage show could not be reached for comment up to press time.
In the meantime, Spice is happy about the way her birthday boat ride ball turned out, as the event proved to be a true 'paparazzi affair'.

Source: Jamaica Star

No comments: